Building 5 floor 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if we dont want community standards or dont participate?

Go down

What if we dont want community standards or dont participate? Empty What if we dont want community standards or dont participate?

Post  Admin Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:54 am

Suppose a community of residents do not want Community Standards?

Residents must be guided to see what the implications of no standards (or “assumed” standards) are. They must also be guided to see that it is not entirely the role of the RA to “control” other residents nor to be their personal “do it” person. In other words, residents cannot delegate all responsibility to the RA or CD.

Those residents who want a voice will determine the Community Standards in their own communities. Those who chose not to participate shall be held to the standards of those who framed them. If a whole community chooses not to participate and they have problems later, they will revisit the Community Standards process at that time (with direct RA assistance).

This is a reality of life, i.e., if I give up my right to influence my circumstances, I must accept the circumstances I am given.

This learning experience may encourage some of those who chose not to participate in the initial development of Community Standards to choose to participate during the next meeting where the Community Standards are revisited.

Admin
Admin

https://bldg5floor3.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down